For Raytown Board of Aldermen | District 4
Community Driven • Navy Veteran • People Connector • Woman Who Means Business • MO Chamber Leadership Alum
About Theresa Garza
Theresa was born and raised in the area. After graduating from Raytown South High School, she enlisted in the United States Navy. She served five (5) years active duty, during Desert Storm, and was awarded an Honorable Discharge upon completion of her enlistment. She received a National Defense Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal, and several Letters of Recognition.
Theresa grew up in a single-parent household, with a strong female figure who demonstrated resilience and independence. Her grandparents had a very active role in her upbringing and through her Grandpa Dan; she gained a strong pro-labor stance and work ethic. Theresa is the first member in her family to graduate from college.
She previously held office on the Jackson County Legislature for the First District At-Large. During her time on the legislature, she served as the 2014 Vice-Chair and was assigned to the following Committees during her tenure with the County: Budget, Finance and Audit, Public Works, Land Use, and Justice and Law Enforcement. Her experience at the County directly correlates to the responsibilities associated with being on the Raytown Board of Aldermen.
Priorities: Community Focus
Building and operating Raytown is essential to the safety and health of our residents. Together, we can have a healthy and happy community by addressing the issues most important to us.
- People in this community desire safe neighborhoods. We need to prioritize law enforcement and their community efforts to reduce crime. Additionally, we need to improve our ability to work with local resources to serve the social, health, and public safety needs of our citizens and figure out ways to work together to support such efforts/initiatives.
Basic City Services
- Infrastructure is another source of community frustration. People expect leadership to do better. Encompassing this category is the need to maintain and revitalize our parks, making them safe for young and old residents. In all cases, people believe in municipal governance that works for them, is transparent, and honest.
Economic Opportunity and Development
- Support working families, small businesses, and encourage sustainable and impactful development. As a Board, we need to work together to make sure that our community is a great place to do business and remain competitive with surrounding communities.
Theresa believes in Raytown
Raytown’s ability to deliver on these items speaks to the reliability our residents expect when it comes to providing core services. We have resources. We just need to figure out the best way to use them and how to continue growing and creating an equitable city for all.
You are the backbone of our campaign for Board of Aldermen. There are many ways to get involved, from knocking on doors to making phone calls to hosting events. We would be grateful for any time and energy you can give. Sign up to volunteer today and let’s make a difference in our community together.
Don’t forget to vote for Theresa!
The General Municipal Election will be held on Tuesday, April 4th, 2023
- By Mail: Wednesday, March 8, 2023 (postmarked)
- In Person: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Online: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Contribute to a Cause
Our campaign needs your support. Every donation, no matter the size, will help us bring about the positive change our community needs. Please donate today and let’s work together to build a better future for Raytown.